We are going to discuss on how to sustain the momentum, and bring your career to greater height.
1. Fabricate Pain Points
- Purpose: avoid all the hardships and struggles going down the drain for good.
- To-do: Start imagining the worst things it could happen to you when fall back to former role. For example, the peers start questioning you in doing new things.
2. Get a Mentor
- Purpose: They provide encouragements for you to move.
- To-do: list down who can provide advise to you when you needed one; experienced project managers are good candidate. If you unable to get project manager as mentor, any good friend will do.
3. Find a Devil's Advocate
- Purpose: Keep you alert level at constantly high with brutal (and hostile) feedback.
- To-do: Whoever hate or dislike you is good candidate for this. You just need to regularly share your thoughts and news with him/ her. He/ she will hammer you for no good reason. Take the heat to build your endurance.
4. Write Own Diary/ Journal
- Purpose: Keep a trail on your development. When self-doubt kicks in, read all the breakthroughs done in the past.
- To-do: You do not need to write everything. Focus on the significant events and key lessons learned.
5. Reflect Regularly
- Purpose: Embrace continuous improvement via reflection.
- To-do: Giver gains more by giving. Share your experiences and achievements with others; inspire and help others to go through such transition.
Project Management roles are filled with excitements and surprises. Every project is unique by its own. By repeating the steps above, you will find yourselves immersed with abundant of wisdom to share with others.
Wish you have a successful Project Management profession.